You are ready to host a dinner party. The guests invited. The menu planned. Everything’s in place so that you can host a table full of hungry guests. There’s just one aspect of hosting a dinner party that both guests and hosts can sometimes seem uncertain of, even when everything is in order. Dinner party etiquette. Today we share a few tips for both guests and hosts of DinDin Party events to ensure a proper dinner party etiquette.
Dinner Party Etiquette Tips for Hosts
- Pre-Dinner cocktails should include at least three options and enough time allotted for guests to consume two cocktails.
- Place the main meal on the table before guests arrive unless it’s a meal meant to be served hot.
- You may delay dinner up to 15 minutes for any guests that have not yet arrived.
- Serve guests arriving late based on what the dinner party is serving at the moment. Do not start the process over for late guests.
- Be ready to start the dinner party on time, no exceptions.
Dinner Party Etiquette Tips for Guests
- Although not applicable to DinDin Party events, for other types of dinner parties we recommend a hostess gift. This is an important part of showing them your appreciation for having you over for this dinner party.
- Say hello to the host, even if crowded. Work your way to the host to say hello and introduce yourself to guests along the way as well.
- If you spill something let the host know immediately so as to avoid future staining or messes for the host to deal with afterward.
- Only bring a friend to the dinner party if you have purchased them a DinDin Party ticket in advance. The host worked hard to plan for a specific number of guests and for safety measures unexpected guests are not allowed.
- Speak with the people closest to you at the table, rather than yelling across the table or speaking to people up and down the table side.
- Move around and mingle with the other guests after dinner. Our mission at DinDin Party is for you to make new friends and share new experiences.
These are a few simple dinner party etiquette tips for guests and hosts to get you started. And remember, proper manners such as please and thank you, and correct use of the utensils for each menu option served, remains important. With these tips, you are sure to enjoy yourself and meet new people at the next DinDin Party you host or attend.
To discover great recipes for your next DinDin Party CLICK HERE.
To learn more about becoming a DinDin Party Host or Guest visit our website.
Pin for Later: